Things to know about processing your Eagle Scout Rank Advancement
After you have completed the requirements for rank advancement, your next step is to request a Board of Review. Its purpose is to determine the quality of your experience and decide whether you have fulfilled the requirements for the rank. The Board of Review date becomes the effective advancement date. You must have completed all your Eagle requirements and have had your Scoutmaster conference before your 18th birthday. Rank advancement Boards of Review must be held no later than 90 days after your 18th birthday.
Scouting Record - Check with your Advancement Coordinator who has access through Internet Advancement to your Scouting record as held by BSA. With the introduction of this online function for Troops, Council staff no longer provide this service.
Eagle Rank Application - Download this fillable form and save the file on your computer. In general, forms from BSA work best using Adobe's Acrobat Reader program. Click here
Advancement Report - This is a 3-part form available at the Council office and it should be picked up at the same time as the request for Council's verification of the Scout's record is made. Bring this form to your review with the contact information (upper left) filled out. We cannot process your rank application without this form.
Tour Plan - Effective April 1, 2017, Tour & Activity Plans have been eliminated.Find out more . . .
Click here: Tour & Activity Plan.
And here: Bryan on Scouting.
2018 Eagle Review Board Calendar
Life to Eagle Presentation - This is a supplement to the Orientation Presentation. Use it as a reference as you work your way through the steps to achieving Eagle Rank.
All the details
We hold Boards of Review on the first and third Thursdays of each month - check the calendar in the left hand column of this page. We expect you to have delivered your completed paperwork and binders to Mr. Henderson or his stand-in no later than end of day on the Friday before a review board session. If you anticipate a delay, you need to talk with Mr. Henderson before the Friday deadline, explain the circumstances, and agree on an acceptable course of action.
- You may submit a request for a review board before all your paperwork is complete BUT Meridian District will not schedule your Eagle Board of Review until you have Council's verification signature on your Rank Application form.
- And, before you apply to Council for their verification, request a personal profile from your Troop advancement coordinator. Review the profile to make sure it matches what you have entered on your rank application form in all respects. If there are errors or omissions, contact Evelyn McManus, Program Assistant, at Council and begin the process of resolving any issues. Council will not verify your application if there are unresolved issues.
- Next, click on the 'Request for Review' link above, and complete and submit the form. We send you an email confirmation that we received your request along with some additional instructions. Next, phone or email Mr.Henderson to arrange delivery of your original, signed Eagle Scout Rank Advancement form, along with an Advancement Report, and your original project binder plus two copies. Only after you physically deliver your completed documentation to Mr. Henderson will you be given a confirmed appointment time.
- When you get your appointment time, you are responsible for letting your Adviser know, and arranging to have him/her or an alternate available to accompany you to your review board.
- If you have any questions you can contact:
District: Nick Hall (925-272-9140) or Brent Henderson (925-212-5453) for District review board questions
Council: Evelyn McManus (925-674-6126) for rank application certification.
* You need to allow 48 hours (Mon - Fri) for Council to process your Rank Application form. Council must have your original form which you may hand deliver or mail to the Council office marked to the attention of Evelyn McManus. She will advise you when the form is ready for pick up OR if there are records issues that need to be resolved.
The link below points to a useful checklist on Council's website.