Things to know about processing your Eagle Scout Rank Advancement
After you have completed the requirements for rank advancement, you request a Board of Review. Its purpose is to determine the quality of your experience and decide whether you have fulfilled the requirements for the rank. The Board of Review date becomes the effective advancement date. You must have completed all your Eagle requirements and have had your Scoutmaster conference before your 18th birthday - see Notes 7 & 8 below. Rank advancement Boards of Review must be held no later than 90 days after your 18th birthday. Request a Review
Scouting Record - If you have not already reviewed your Scouting record (Personal Profile) now might be a good time to do so. Check with your Advancement Coordinator who has access to Council (BSA) records through Internet Advancement.
Eagle Rank Application - Download this fillable form and save the file on your computer. In general, forms from BSA work best using Adobe's Acrobat Reader program. Click here
Advancement Report - This is a 3-part form available at the Council office and it should be picked up at the same time as the request for Council's verification of the Scout's record is made. Bring this form to your review with the contact information (upper left) filled out. We cannot process your rank application without this form.
Tour Plan - Effective April 1, 2017, Tour & Activity Plans have been eliminated.Find out more . . .
Click here: Tour & Activity Plan.
And here: Bryan on Scouting.
2017 Eagle Review Board Calendar
All the details
Usually, we hold Boards of Review on the first and third Thursdays of each month. Deliver your completed paperwork and binders no later than end of day on the Friday before a review board session.
Please plan ahead to avoid a last-minute rush to complete the requirements.
- You must hold one or more of the positions of responsibility listed on the Eagle Rank application for a minimum of six months after you earn Life Rank and before you turn 18.
- Request a personal profile from your Advancement Coordinator who has access to Council records through Internet Advancement. Check ranks and badges recorded against the Troop’s records, and work with your Adviser to correct any differences.
- Six ranks must be listed: Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class, First Class, Star and Life. All merit badges earned must be in the report.
- Download the Eagle Scout Rank Application from the link on this page. You must always use the most current version of the form.
- Check with your Adviser or District Advancement Committee to see if you need to complete the Money-Earning Application in the Eagle Workbook. If you do, it needs to be signed by your District Executive. Please call in advance to be sure he or she will be at the Service Center.
- When you are ready to start your project, ask an adult in your unit to file a Tour Plan. This is required because:
* Projects are considered part of the unit’s program.
* The project will take place outside of the unit’s normal meeting place.
* Demonstrates the unit has followed all policies, procedures and requirements.
- These following items must be completed before your 18th birthday:
* Complete the project and obtain the signature of the beneficiary
* Complete all merit badges
* Have a Scoutmaster conference – you do not have to wait for the project to be complete.
* Complete at least six months in a position(s) of responsibility held after Life rank.
- Signatures from the unit committee chair, unit leader and local Council representative may be obtained within 90-days after the 18th birthday; however, the Eagle Board of Review must occur within that same 90-day period.
- When requesting Council Certification, make sure every item listed prior to the “BSA Council Certification”, from both sides of the Eagle Scout Rank Application, is completed. If any information is missing, incomplete or incorrect the Council may not be able to sign. No Council verification; No review board.
- You may request a review board before all your paperwork is complete BUT Meridian District does not schedule Eagle Boards of Review until all requirements and signatures through Step 9 above have been met. If problems arise during step 9, there will be time to correct them without undue stress.
- Here's the Request for Review process. First, complete and submit the questionnaire you get when you click on the 'Request for Review' link. That form automatically sends an email to Brent Henderson and your Adviser. It also adds your name to a control list which is the source for adding Scouts to the appointments book for any given review board session. Only after you deliver your completed advancement paperwork and project binder to Mr. Henderson, is your appointment confirmed.
- Eagle Scout Rank Applications may be processed for certification any time between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday – Friday, at the Council Service Center. 800 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523. The office is closed most major holidays. The Eagle Scout candidate does not have to be bring in the form.
- If you have any questions you can contact:
District: Nick Hall or Brent Henderson for District review board questions
Council: Evelyn McManus for rank application certification.